Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Gold Star in Origami


Today I gave myself the challenge of making my own modular origami design. I've been doing a lot of origami, all of which can be found on my Etsy store for purchase. I came to notice some patterns in the diagrams, slots and pockets, and creases in the same places for all the designs. Realizing this, I decided to try my hand at doing my own modular design. The below is what I came up with. This is a one of a kind design, made by me.

I will be keeping this cube for myself, but I intend to make a few more for Etsy, and make a larger star ball like the other 30-sheet modular balls I make. I have an idea to paint them, too!

Modular Origami square
The sides of the pattern
Another view of the front, showing the mountain like peaks


No comments:

Post a Comment