Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dreamtime Dreamscape: Vampires

Last night I had a dream I was a vampire.

I was a stranded vampire, created but left to myself and I was still around a group of my non-vampire friends. They wanted to help, but they refused to let me drink their blood. They fed me animals instead, ones that were going to a slaughterhouse.

I couldn't stand this, and I hated being a vampire around them, so I took a raft and floated to the center of this huge lake. I've had dreams about this lake before. It's enormous, so far that when I'm in the center, I can't swim to the edge easily. The southern edge had a barrier around it. It's a video game barrier, so I can swim almost to the edge of the lake, but the invisible barrier will always turn me around and to the center of the lake again, where I'll have to swim back to the raft, but it's so far away by then I know I might not make it back to the raft. The lake is filled with attempts to swim. I've had this dream before.

I've never dreamed of this lake while I'm a vampire before.

I get tired of trying to live off fish and a storm is coming over the lake. I can see the huge storm clouds on the other side of the lake, coming in fast. Somehow I have a butler with me. He's not going to leave me behind. I haven't turned him into a vampire yet, but he's offered. I don't want to kill him. I need fresh meat. I need to get to the woods on the southern edge of the lake.

I strike out, swimming strong. The butler keeps telling me to turn back to the raft like he's my conscience. I don't want to turn back. I want fresh meat, I want to live wild in the woods.

I hit the barrier as the wind picks up. I'm exhausted. The raft is too far, I can't swim back. I turn back to the barrier and hit it as hard as I can and it shatters. I wash up on shore. My butler is not there.

I become a feral vampire, hunting animals in the woods. I refuse to kill humans. I live like this for a while in my dreams, becoming an efficient hunter. This ends when an old truck comes rumbling through my woods. I follow it from the shadows, curious. Out comes a group of vampires, a kind of vampire family. Suddenly I want to learn what it's like to be a real vampire. I want to shrug aside what I remember about being human and be a vampire through and through. There's a queen in the group, the leader of them. She takes me in. I join her coven as the youngest vampire.

She sets up her base in an old abandoned school. I've dreamed of this school before. (Memories Dream)
My butler is there again, somehow I am convinced to turn him into a vampire. I have to start leaving parts of my kills to him, otherwise he won't drink the blood he needs. The queen vampire teaches me the way of a real vampire. I hate the debauchery, but go along with it because I feel I must.

My old friends come to the woods and I don't want to kill them, but the queen orders me to. I start to wake up, I don't want to make this decision. I don't want to kill. I want to go back to my raft in the middle of the lake where I don't have to make such decisions. I wake up before I have to make the decision, so I don't know what I would have decided.

It was strange being a vampire. I haven't read anything about vampires in a long time, so I'm not sure what made me dream of being one.

No comments:

Post a Comment