Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Writing Update

So it's been a while since I've posted much except for cat pictures. I figured it was time for a writing update!

Finished my cop short story! I've had a few people read it and they seem to like it. If anyone else would like to read it, please tell me. I'm debating if I should submit it for a competition, so I'm not going to post it online. I'm pretty proud of it, though.

Undead/Zombie story is up to 22k words. I've been primarily working on this story, learning how to write a story more slowly and with more thought than I did the National Novel Writing Month story. So it has gone more slowly, but I think the story is coming along nicely. I've had to do some pretty major re-writes early on, which made me lose about 10k words, but I'm hoping to use what I wrote later in the story if I can fit it back into it all.

The NaNoWriMo story, Balance/Planes, is still on the shelf. Once I get further or finish the Undead/Zombie story I do plan on editing it. I wasn't going to, but hubby has insisted I edit it because he really thinks I should. So I will. Maybe I can fix the story so I like it a lot more than I do now. I've learned quite a bit while working on the Zombie story, a lot about editing, so I think it would be good for me to go back and edit it. There are parts to the story I love, and parts I hate. But every writing blog I've read says the first draft is terrible, and a writer must pick themselves up and edit the terrible first draft, so that's what I will do.

I've got a third story in the bare bones stage, I'm calling it my Ghost story. Like I said, planning stages. But I've written bits of it here and there and have liked what I've gotten down, so I'll keep it around, lurking.

My goals are to finish the Zombie story, edit Planes, and work in some flash fiction if I can. We shall see what I can get out there with the time I have.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo for writing projects! You can do it! :D

    ReplyDelete