Tuesday, April 24, 2012

7-7-7 Challenge

The Challenge is to write down page 7, line 7, and 7 paragraphs therafter (or page 77, but I'm not that far in this work in progress yet...) So here it is. I call this my zombie story, that should give you some indication who the main character is. Or rather, what he is... or was. Or something.




“Turn?” I looked at her curiously. I didn’t doubt I would eat her. She did look very tasty.

“Turn me into... whatever you are.” She waved a hand in my general direction.

“What I am?” I frowned and looked at my hand again.

She kneeled again, just out of reach, “oh Almighty, you can not tell? You are no longer human. I don’t know what you are, but you...” She shuddered, “You eat people, you would kill me as you killed before.” She looked at the smoldering fire.

“I do not remember,” I said as soft as I could. I was getting used to speaking, forcing airs into my dry lungs and forcing air out across my vocal chords, but I still spoke rather loudly.

She sighed, a heavy drawn out sigh. I echoed it, mostly to get practice with such movements, they made me seem more human. I frowned. So I wasn’t human?

“By the Almighty, I do not know what I am supposed to do now,” she muttered softly.


No comments:

Post a Comment